This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Suggestion for a new feature

Apr 25, 2011 at 2:47 AM
Edited Apr 25, 2011 at 2:50 AM

I've found that the mouse is potentially a very useful tool for controlling playback.

I find I'm needing to practice reading my scripts. This feature would be very useful for that.

Imagine entering 'playback mode' where the mouse only did the following

1. Left click toggles play / pause
  2. Scroll wheel scrolls, forward or back, as it currently does when hovering over the main script window. Note this can be used to kinda fast forward, or back up if the reader gets out of sync with PT.
  3. Normal mouse gestures (left, right, forward, back) are ignored

The above feature set alone would be very powerful.

In addition, right click could be any of the following, or some other function:

• Back to last bookmark
  • Single right click = slow by 10%, double right click = speed up by 10%

The scroll wheel also has a click, which could be used. I have another mouse with a thumb button too.

Once in playback mode the some kind of persistent warning would need to be on screen to avoid confusing users, perhaps in red - just to say something like: ' You are in Playback mode - to exit and return to normal mouse control press Escape"

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2011 at 3:52 AM

That sounds like a good idea.  there would also need to be some mechanism to turn mouse control on or off ( so that if you have to use the mouse for normal use, the prompter would not be affected)

Apr 25, 2011 at 3:58 AM
Edited Apr 25, 2011 at 4:00 AM

Yes, that's right, maybe <Escape>, in much the same way that the <Tab> key currently works to hide and reveal the control console.

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:34 AM

Hello,I've just discovered your application. Thanks a lot. It's very powerful. It's presently the only one I found that displays all French letters such as é or è, etc....

However, your application is using keys that we don't have on AZERTY keyboards.

And so, for example, I can't use - to reduce the speed. I can't either modify the settings of my mouse to reduce the speed. All I can do is to increase the spead with +, or modify the speed directly with the cursor. But you can't do that while speaking.

So why not offering us the possibility to choose which key is doing what? Then, we could modify also the settings of our mouse...

I have absolutely no skill in programming. So may be my suggestion is stupid ...